- What to do when a person with mental illness or a family member comes for help or simply makes his or her presence known.
- What activities and programs can be developed in congregations that are supportive of people with mental illness and/or their families.
- What agencies and organizations have helpful resources and referral information.
Our site is intended for faith leaders, interested laity, people with mental illness and their families, friends and supporters and mental health professionals interested in working with the faith community.
Three Steps to a Mental Health Ministry
There are three steps that will help congregations develop their capacity to support recovery and wellness with individuals and families facing serious mental health issues. Those steps include:
- Assessing the need in a congregation
- Offering a basic understanding of various mental health concerns
- Learning how to form: local interfaith mental health training coalitions, clusters of congregations, congregational mental health committees, companionship care teams
Check out our downloadable resources to get started.