EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR (ED) Position
Pathways to Promise collaborates with faith, spiritual, and non-spiritual communities to share
resources that assess, educate and effect change to welcome, support, engage and include
persons with mental illnesses and those who care for them.
People living with mental illnesses and those who care for them are welcomed and supported in
all faith and spiritual communities.
Executive Director Job Description and Qualifications
The Executive Director is responsible for managing the organization and will report to the Board
● Overseeing the development of new programs and the maintenance of existing
programs to support the organization’s mission and vision.
● Hiring and managing all staff and/or consultants to assist in implementing Pathway’s
mission and vision.
● Creating and managing the fundraising and development program including maintaining
relations with supporters and contributors.
● Developing the organization’s strategic plan and annual budget
● Overseeing creation and execution of the organization’s communications and marketing
plan including overseeing websites for Pathways and Mental Health Ministries.
● Maintaining corporate records
● Overseeing administrative activities including personnel, accounting, financial reporting,
banking, and the filing of all necessary tax reports
● Scheduling board and committee meetings including creating an agenda, providing
reports for the board packets, and assistance with coordinating meeting logistics
● Will serve as the principal spokesperson for the organization.
● Other duties as directed by Board
● Experience running an organization or responsibility as the key person for managing a
● Ability to manage a small staff
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Entrepreneurial approach to building programs
● Track record of building programs to mission and vision of organization
● Strong interest around the intersection of mental health and faith
● Execute and implement programs within budget constraints
● Have a network of connections around which to build support for programs
● Ability to build bridges to create working collaboratives
● Experience as a Companionship trainer is a plus
● Comfortable working with different faith traditions
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Pathways to Promise will provide reasonable accommodations to
applicants and employees who need them for medical or religious reasons, as required by law.
Will work from home with a distributed team.
Must have access to reliable internet for communications including videoconferencing.
Able and willing to travel as needed to meet duties.
Because Pathways to Promise seeks to serve all people in need of mental health support, we
encourage a wide diversity of applicants including race, ethnicity, religion, gender (including
pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, lived experience, disability,
If you know someone that is qualified for our position, please ask them to visit our web site and / or send their cover letter and resume directly to Mark Stephenson, president of the board, at email@example.com and copy Bud Browne, our executive recruiter, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to print this cover letter and job description?