The Dell Award
The United Church of Christ Disabilities Ministries (UCCDM) for sometime in conjunction with the UCC Mental Illness Network offered The Bob Dell Award honoring a local UCC church or person who has done much to eliminate stigma, build a ministry, or advocate for insurance parity or legal protection for persons with serious mental illnesses. In 2013 the UCC Mental Illness Network became the UCC Mental Health Network (UCCMHN) and an entity separate from UCCDM. UCCDM believes that UCCMHN will continue to offer the Bob Dell Award.
Recipients of the Bob Dell Award
2013: The Bob Dell Award: Presented to THE REVEREND NORMA MENGEL (Her bio is available on our Former Board of Director’s page.)
2011: The Bob Dell Award:Presented to THE REVEREND PETER BAUER
2007: The Bob Dell Award: Presented to THE FIRST CONGREGATIONAL UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST OF DOWNER’S GROVE, ILLINOIS receive the Bob and Joyce Dell Award. Pastors are the Rev. Laura and the Rev. William Hoglund.
2005: Presented to Plymouth Congregational Church, UCC, Seattle, Washington.
Click this link UCCDM Award honorees to learn more about other awardees
The Kraft Award
The Florence Iversen Kraft Award The Florence Iversen Kraft Award goes to a congregation that has demonstrated outstanding leadership in ministry with those who suffer from serious mental illness and their families. This award is announced at each General Assembly of the PC(USA).
Recipients of Florence Iversen Kraft Awardees
- 2014: Florence Iverson Krat 2014 PSMIN Award, to the Rev. Jimmy Hopper and First Presbyterian Church of Danville, Ill.
- 2006: Florence Iversen Kraft 2006 PSMIN Award, Celebration of Life Presbyterian Church, Mesa, Arizona
- 2005: Plymouth Congregational Church, UCC, Seattle, Washington | Brochure
- 2004: Hillsboro Presbyterian Church of Nashville, Tennessee
- 2003: Capitol Heights Presbyterian Church of Denver, Colorado
- 2002: Mount Vernon Presbyterian Church of Alexandria, Virginia